St. Catherine of Siena Catholic church was established in 1949. Rev. Joseph A. Duffy appointed by Bishop McGuinness to begin the parish of St. Catherine of Siena in September of 1949. The church property in Pauls Valley consisted of a vacant lot at Willow and Bert Streets, acquired by the Dicocese from the Moody/Robbins/Patchell families for $9000. The first Mass was held in the Stufflebean Funeral Home October 2, 1949, with 55 persons attending, including the children in this total. The rectory was completed in June 1950. The plans for the church and house were made by Reynolds and Morrison of Oklahoma City, OK. Contractors for the project were Geo. Smith and Sons of Bethany, OK. Contract for both buildings was $41,400. After furnishings and equipment, the total cost of the establishment of the Parish at its current location was approximately $56,000. This included such things as sidewalks, etc. The first Mass in the new Church at its current location was June 23, 1950. The dedication was held on October 8, 1950 by Bishop McGuinness, and the buildings were out of debt on the day of the dedication. A gift of $35,000 was made to clear the debt by Papal Countess Katherine E. Price of Greenwich, Connecticut through Bishop McGuinness. For the benefit of those who follow, we shall always be truly grateful to the Stufflebean family for all their kindness and courtesy in providing so generously facilities for Mass during the early months of the Church.